Housing, education & employment
Intensive SupportEach young adult referred to Ambition will have a dedicated link worker who will provide intensive, personalised support that begins by helping them find a stable place to live. Over the three years they will be supported to sustain their tenancy and develop the skills and confidence to enter employment, education, training or volunteering. They will also have somewhere to turn for help with wider life issues such as budgeting, health, offending, drug and alcohol addiction or relationships.
- Aged 18 to 24 (care leavers must be 21+)
- Not in education, employment, training
- Single homeless not in priority need
- A strategic priority for local authority support but unable to access supported accommodation, for example; because of previous difficulties, security issues, complex needs or lack of specialist provision.
The success of the project is measured on the basis of long-term housing and a combination of learning and development opportunities completed.
- Accommodation: The young adult will be established in safe, suitable accommodation, sustained for 3 to 18 months and beyond
- Education: Entry into education or training with accredited qualifications
- Employment: Full time or part time employment taken up or volunteering placements undertaken
About Ambition East Midlands
Ambition East Midlands is an exciting partnership between P3 Charity, YMCA Derbyshire and The Y, who are leading on the project in Leicester and Leicestershire. A significant contribution is being made by local housing, education and other support organisations, enabling expertise to be joined up and individualised to get the best outcomes for young vulnerable adults. Ambition East Midlands has been awarded £2.95m from the Fair Chance Fund which is jointly funded by the Cabinet Office and the Department for Communities and Local Government.